2023-24 Installment Rates
|Unit Type||2023-24 Total Lease Cost||Twelve Installments|
|4 Bedroom – 2 Bath||$10,224||$852|
|4 Bedroom – 4 Bath||$11,208||$934|
|2 Bedroom – 2 Bath Standard||$12,456||$1,038|
|2 Bedroom – 2 Bath Deluxe||$12,888||$1,074|
2022-23 Installment Rates
|Unit Type||2022-23 Total Lease Cost||Twelve Installments|
|4 Bedroom – 2 Bath||$10,020||$835|
|4 Bedroom – 4 Bath||$10,980||$915|
|2 Bedroom – 2 Bath Standard||$12,216||$1,018|
|2 Bedroom – 2 Bath Deluxe||$12,624||$1,052|
1. An installment is due on or before the first day of each month by cashier’s check, certified check, personal check, money order, credit card, or bank draft. Current residents are eligible to use electronic payments through the online Resident Portal. All electronic payments incur a service fee, however that fee is waived for bank draft payments.
2. It is the payee’s sole responsibility to ensure that all electronic payments are submitted without error and sufficient funds are available by the 10th of each month by 5pm or a late fee will be assessed to resident’s account.
3. Installment payments for The Courtyards shall be made payable to “The Courtyards at UMD” and mailed to The Courtyards, 8000 Boteler Lane, College Park, MD 20740 in time to be received by the 10th of the month or paid at the Main Office of the same address Monday through Friday during business hours. A 24 hour installment payment drop box is available in The Courtyards Clubhouse vestibule 24/7.
4. Installments must be paid in full. Partial payments, incomplete (lacking amount, signature, residents first and last name, and resident’s unit) checks and postdated checks are not acceptable, and may be mailed back to the address of record for the resident. If such payment is submitted, the resident is responsible for any resultant late fees, NSF fees, and bank fees that may result. Please write your full name and apartment number and bedroom letter in the memo section of the check.
5. There will be a five percent (5%) late fee charged to Tenant’s account if any installment is paid after the tenth (10th) day of the month by 5:00 p.m. Late charges are considered to be and are collectible as an additional payment to the installment. Late fees will apply despite weekends or holidays during which the Main Office is closed.
6. If any installment of the total lease amount is not paid in full by the first (1st) day of the month at 5:00 p.m., legal action may be taken to collect same and/or to recover possession of the Premises. The cost for all such actions will be charged to the Tenant’s account. Personal checks will not be accepted for payment once legal action has been filed. In such event, the balance must be paid by cashier’s check, certified check or money order only.
7. Checks will only be submitted to the issuing bank once for payment. If Tenant’s bank returns a check for non-sufficient funds (NSF), Tenant is required to repay the amount of the check and all additional charges immediately upon notification. All returned checks are charged a twenty-five dollar ($25.00) returned check fee, in addition to the five percent (5%) late charge (if repayment is received after the 10th day of the month). After two (2) NSF checks, personal checks may no longer be accepted, only cashier’s checks, certified checks or money orders will be accepted.
8. Any installment not paid when due will be reasonable grounds for termination and/or non-renewal of lease.
9. Any balance left unpaid for thirty (30) days following the lease expiration date may be submitted to a collection agency. In such event, a collection expense of thirty (30) percent of the total amount remaining due will be added to the original balance.