At this time, we have decided to begin the process of proceeding with move-out. As many students return to campus over three weeks to retrieve belongings and check-out, taking necessary social distancing precautions is an important priority for all of us. To do this as safely as possible, we are instituting a move-out procedure that will limit the number of people that can be in an apartment at one time. Move-out will take place between Saturday, May 23 through Sunday, June 7 by appointment only.
During this time, cleaning of high touch areas will continue to be completed for the safety of our residents and their families.
Please be aware of the following safety information / guidelines:
- Per standing direction from state officials, all individuals must wear face masks or other face coverings during the move-out process.
- Please bring all the materials you will need to complete your move-out (suitcases, boxes, protective gloves, hand sanitizer, disinfecting wipes, face mask or other face coverings, etc)
- Please review expectations from authorities in your city, county, and state regarding any travel restrictions in your area before scheduling a move-out appointment.
You have three options for completing move-out:
Option 1 | Self Move-Out
- Schedule your move-out appointment on the StarRez Portal by visiting https://starrez.umd.edu and selecting “Commons / Courtyards move out”. Each day will have three blocks of time which are: 8:00am-12:00pm, 12:00pm-4:00pm, and 4:00pm-8:00pm.
- On your move-out date, please arrive at your scheduled time to ensure social distancing.
- Bring your keys with you. Providing entry to your apartment can be significantly delayed.
- Remove all personal items and trash. Close and lock all windows, close blinds/shades, and turn off all lights.
- Lock your bedroom door, front door, and balcony door if applicable.
- Check your mailbox one last time.
- Drop off keys at the Clubhouse Vestibule drop box open. There will be key envelopes provided for you to put your keys in. You will fill out an envelope (provided by CTY at those stations) which will ask for your name, apartment number, and bedroom letter. On the back of the envelope it lists if you would like to take responsibility for any apartment damage(s). Example: I take responsibility for large bleach stain on living room floor. Put it in the dropbox and you are done.
Other Important Information
- Please coordinate your appointment time with your roommate(s). For everyone’s safety, roommates must schedule different appointment times. If you need to consult with your roommate(s) during your move-out appointment, please be prepared to do so by phone or video conference.
- You must have all of your apartment keys with you when you arrive.
- There will be limited staff available for questions by phone.
- Trash dumpsters will be available throughout The Courtyards parking lot areas during move-out.
- UMD DOTS have suspended parking citations during move-out.
- The inside of the Clubhouse is closed however the Clubhouse vestibule is open 24/7 where you will drop off the keys. Unreturned keys will result in the following charges: $75 front door, $75 bedroom, $25 mailbox.
- The Courtyards at UMD does not have any moving carts or dolly’s available.
- Prior to checking out, please check your mailbox one last time. Mail is not forwarded by The Courtyards and you will have to visit the USPS website to have your mail forwarded to your new address. You will not be able to access your mailbox after you check-out.
- Any/all items left in the apartment after Sunday, June 7 will be considered trash and disposed of.
- Same bed students that have not checked out will need to get all items into their bedroom no later than Sunday, June 7 and will also select a check-out date/time to do this. Same bed students will also need to turn in keys no later than Sunday, June 7.
Option 2 | Authorize a friend or family member (proxy) to retrieve your belongings on your behalf between May 23 and June 7.
Click Here for more information Option 2 and to schedule your appointment
Option 3 | Contract (at your expense) with an authorized company to pack and ship your belongings to you. This option will take place between Monday, June 8 and Monday, June 15.
Click Here for more information Option 3, scheduling, and a list of authorized moving companies